1.31.2006

happiness

today, i learned an important lesson. happiness is entirely subjective. it is possible to be at work, even at a job you do not enjoy, and be happy. it is all a matter of perspective. being happy at work is about finding happiness in the small things like: gmails, going to lunch with a wonderful boyfriend, laughing with people who are bored as well, listening to a great cd, and knowing you have health insurance and benefits. i may not like my job, but i don't have to be miserable every day. even this job can be fun.

thanks to: pete yorn, doves, the thrills, gregory maguire, james hegar, karen mauldin, patti weig, russell slack, kristy jones, potbelly, starbucks, microsoft publishser, and especially lauren smith for helping me discover fun in the midst of one heckuva boring day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ah...I wish I could have participated in your happy day (although, I was sleeping for most of it)

I did, at some point in the day, wake up and watch a very funny email from Kristy Jones...so maybe, in a round about way, you and I did share a laugh today, Lynthia Martin!

I'm glad today was a good day!

2:00 pm  
Blogger Jen said...

You are exactly right Lindi! Thanks for reminding me of that!

6:17 am  
Blogger Creth said...

yeah... good thing work doesn't determine who we are (now if only our society could realize that...)

sometimes it's difficult to realize the potential for joy at work

I believe that our expendature of strength (mental/physical or otherwise) on the job varies very little and that set aside from our conscience we are but cogs in a "machine"

but it is our conscience, our heart, even our souls which allow that which matters to thrive under conditions where only that which is matter seems valued

Lucy,

I couldn't tell the next guy what it is that you do at work, but I can tell him who you are

8:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home