1.04.2006

The Call of Wisdom

Proverbs 1:
20 Wisdom cries aloud in the street,in the markets she raises her voice; 21 at the head of the noisy streets she cries out; at the entrance of the city gates she speaks: 22 “How long, O simple ones, will you love being simple? How long will scoffers delight in their scoffing and fools hate knowledge? 23 If you turn at my reproof, behold, I will pour out my spirit to you; I will make my words known to you.

שְׁלֹמֹה
Solomon- the wise.

If God offered you any power you desired, what would you choose?

I only wish I would have the humility and sense of purpose to ask for an understanding heart with which to discern what is good and what is bad. Solomon did not ask for genius; he asked for wisdom, which is the sum of a brilliant mind, sound judgment, discipline, a true heart, and righteous intent.

15 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great words Lindi...and, oh-so-timely for me today.

I sure do have a tendency to wallow in my foolish ways...

11:54 am  
Blogger cr said...

I feel like Creth has become a dog with a very full bladder, and he is now trying to spread his scent wherever he goes. Bad Creth! Bad!

10:04 am  
Blogger lindi said...

gross, why are we discussing this topic on my "wisdom" blog?

12:58 pm  
Blogger Creth said...

ha, Lauren doesn't allow his profile to be viewed

1:27 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cinemaguy is so very mysterious.

He sounds hott.

2:02 pm  
Blogger Creth said...

you can enjoy OUR smoking porch

2:04 pm  
Blogger lindi said...

emily, let me be the first to tell you he is hot.

2:05 pm  
Blogger Jen said...

wow...what a conversation. So if I move, I can have these conversations ALL the time???? It is so tempting...

Lindi...LOVE your comment. Plus I would MUCH rather live with you and Emily over Creth and Lauren....sorry guys.

2:13 pm  
Blogger Creth said...

WHAT?

wait.

when did I offer you a position as a roommate at Victory?

9:02 am  
Blogger Creth said...

you should have told him that you were Lauren, Creth's roommate's girlfriend!

11:34 am  
Blogger Creth said...

what would Lauren not appreciate?

is it hot in here?

I think I'm drifting...

so... tired...

1:10 pm  
Blogger Jen said...

Don't worry Creth...you did not offer me a room...Lindi mentioned that I would prefer the girls (clean, neat etc) over you guys.

"Victory" Is this the name of your place?????

Lindi...I so agree with your comment on my blog. There are struggles going on everywhere it seems.

1:22 pm  
Blogger Creth said...

I'll give you this... I have no idea whether or not Lindi is close to cleanliness but... I can imagine she is a little "cleaner" than I or Lauren

and "yes", "Victory" is the name of the location- 3116 Elizabeth #1

6:16 am  
Blogger lindi said...

the creth,

how, again, did 3116 elizabeth #1 get to be called 'victory'?

11:56 am  
Blogger Creth said...

it's sorta like love... you can do nothing to earn it nor lose it

12:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home