12.19.2005

For Emily:

Emily has given me a list of suggestions for blog entries. I have chosen to write on each topic, but not all at once.

Suggested topic #1: "My love affair with dear Mr. Darcy"

I first met Fitzwilliam Darcy in the Spring of 1997. I was fifteen years old. He entered my life through my ninth-grade english teacher, Mrs. Wade. I did not like Mr. Darcy at first. He appeared presumptuous and cruel. I did not learn his true character until much later, at which point I was ashamed for believing him to have ever been less than charming, compassionate, and simply amazing. Once his true character was revealed to me, I fell deeply in love with his wit, his inability to socialize with those whom he is unaquainted, and his aptitude for being completely misunderstood. We have been through our share of joys and sorrows together. And now, almost nine years later, he is still very much a part of my life. His cinematic debut has not tarnished what we share. He has not become proud or boastful. He is still the same, wonderful Fitzwilliam Darcy he has always been.

As I once wrote on Xanga, I have always loved Mr. Darcy...I will always love Mr. Darcy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Creth said...

inability "to" socialize...

"with each passing year our relationship grew deeper and deeper"

6:55 pm  
Blogger Creth said...

Lynthia.

you are a most gracious friend

thank you ever so much for the delicious treats (now nearly gone... t-he-he) they were greatly enjoyed...

I hope you're having a very safe flight and a wonderful time at home with your family

see ya soon!

9:34 am  
Blogger Creth said...

come on...
you haven't been there long enough...
you haven't been away from home long enough...

right now it doesn't feel like home, and right now you don't want to be there

luckily right now was just a minute ago

7:51 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I share your love for Mr. Darcy. I will (for the time being) allow you to keep him for yourself (although you get Lauren as well, which hardly seems fair...)

I know that you don't agree with me, entirely, but I'll say it again: Colin Firth IS Mr. Darcy...in my heart...and on my TV.

EDITED TO ADD: I watched Colin play Mr. Darcy again this week, and I (reluctantly) admit that Matthew MacFadyen may, actually, be a better Darcy.

Alas, my love for Mr. Firth (as Mr. Darcy, of course) may have become purely sentimental in nature...

6:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home